We had burritos for dinner a few nights ago (yep, that's pretty much wraps), but made enough mince to feed a small mexican army. So, after a couple of days having mince on toast, I thought hmmmm, pie time? These were a really tasty midweek meal, and went down a treat with the kids (with some T sauce), as well as us bigger people (I liked sour cream with mine!).
Nacho mince (however much you have leftover)
Sheets of flaky puff pastry (I used 3)
Leftover steamed vege (if you have some in the fridge, this was a good way to sneak some more veges into our daughter's dinner)
- Cut the sheets into quarters, fit them into muffin trays (if you have metal trays, probably a good idea to grease them first). I left the excess sitting over the edges, to fold back over the tops later.
- Fill with nacho mince/veges/ whatever. Place a piece of cheese on top.
- Fold excess back over, pinch together.
- Bake at 150 degrees celcius for about 20 minutes (until they're golden and the pastry isn't soggy).
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and (you guessed it!) salsa!! Or a side salad :)