185 g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (160 if using a fan-forced oven). Grease/line 22 cm tin.
- Squeeze lemons for their juice and grate the rind. Strain passionfruit pulp so you have the juice and the seeds. You need 1/2 cup of juice (mixture of passionfruit and lemon).
- Place butter, lemon rind, juices sugar, eggs, milk and flour in a bowl. Beat on low speed in cake mixer until combined, then increase speed to high and beat for 2-3 minutes until pale. Stir in passionfruit seeds.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Stand in tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack. Once cooled, ice and serve. A little extra grated lemon rind would look good as a decoration, or some more passionfruit pulp.