It's been a busy few weeks since 02 November, the silly season's started and we're only a few days out from Christmas. I'll not bore you with a detailed recitation of what's been cooking over the past 48 days, but will ease back into the world of bloggery with slightly more detailed rack of lamb details that was posted on Facebook.
I'd never done a rack of lamb before, but I can tell you right now that I'll be doing it again, and very soon. It was so tender and, if you shop around, pretty damn cheap. It was $15/kg at the supy. This will serve four peeps.
2 x 7 chop lamb racks
2 tbsp harissa
6 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Smear the fat side of the lamb with harissa.
- Mix breadcrumbs, oil and herbs in bowl. Press mixture onto harissa-smeared lamb.
- Roast in preheated oven (180-200 degrees) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with new potatoes, asparagus and pan-fried zucchini, for the flavours of summer!