10 September 2012

worth peanuts?


I am used to finding recipes and meal ideas in odd places.  But a biscuit recipe in an issue of a mountain biking magazine?  Wow, that one surprised even me.  I suppose though that biscuits would be convenient refueling for a busy biker. 
 
The recipe was for peanut brownies, which I made half with peanuts and the other half with chocolate chips, so there's something for everyone.  The recipe itself called for Chelsea's low GI sugar, but I just used raw sugar (or white, whatever you have in the pantry).  Suddenly the lunchboxes look far more interesting!   
 
125 g butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp cocoa
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup raw peanuts/choc chips
  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
  2. Cream butter and sugar then add egg and beat to combine.
  3. Fold through dry ingredients and peanuts/choc (I split the mixture into two here, to keep the peanuts and chocolate apart). 
  4. Roll into balls and press flat on trays with fork.  Bake for 12 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment