We've done this with lamb racks before, but on fish would be my preference from now on.
1 large hoki fillet (about 1/2 kg) - this'll feed two hungry adults
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
good grating parmasan cheese
fresh herbs, finely chopped - I actually used a BBQ rub last night instead
couple dollops sesame oil - enough to have mixture bound enough to stay on top of the fish, but not too wet and clumpy
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Cut hoki into two pieces. Place on baking tray (I put baking paper down first, to save having to wash the tray.
- Brush fish liberally with egg.
- Press crumb on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, then grill until crumb is nice and golden.
NB: Panko crumbs are the creme de la creme of crumbing because they're always turn out nice and crispy, as opposed to normal breadcrumbs which can sometimes go a bit soggy. Fogdog do them and are available at most supermarkets.