These little gems are the tastiest banana muffins I've ever made. I've made loads before, but these ones, with soft brown sugar in place of regular or raw sugar, are super tasty and light. I've made mini ones for one reason - they're a better size for school lunches and almost-one-year-olds. This made 36 mini muffins, so should keep us going for a few days!
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or a few more)
3/4 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°c and grease mini muffin tray.
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- In another bowl beat egg, stir in oil and milk, then mix in the banana.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Spoon into muffin trays and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.