Come to think of it, it would also be really good with prawn and fish, with a little coconut cream added in as well. The possibilities are close to endless!
2-3 cups chicken stock
large thumb ginger, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 spring onion, thinly sliced diagonally
1 long chilli, thinly sliced
1 cup rice
3-4 chicken thighs - meat cut into chunks off bone
1 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup peanuts, crushed slightly
soy sauce and lime, to serve
- Put stock into large pot (with a lid) along with ginger, garlic, spring onion and chilli. Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling add rice. Stir once, so rice is spread evenly.
- Place chicken pieces on top of rice. Turn down to lowest heat and cover with lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until liquid absorbed. Add more stock, if liquid absorbs too quickly.
- Serve topped with coriander and peanuts, drizzle with soy and lime to taste.