11 April 2018

Lemon herb butter (for outta this world fish!)

Fish, roast potatoes and steamed vegetables.  A pretty standard early-week dinner staple at our house.  Last night was that night, but I wanted to try something new.  I was thinking of swapping out the crispy roast tatties for some other form of potato dish (maybe rosti?), but in my recipe trawling stumbled upon this little beauty of a sauce from Chelsea Winter.  Lemon, herbs and garlic butter, drizzled all over our snapper.  It was tangy and divine!  I was supposed to fry up some capers too, alongside the fish, but I forgot - will have to make this again next week!!  

Makes enough for 4 people's fish 

50 g butter
1/2 cup finely chopped herbs (I used chives, parsley and basil - dill would be nice too)
1 clove garlic, crushed 
zest of one lemon
1.5 tbsp lemon juice

1/4 cup capers, to fry alongside the fish


  1. Melt butter and cook garlic on medium heat.  Cook for a few minutes, remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, zest and half the herbs.  
  2. Drizzle over cooked and plated fish.  Sprinkle with remaining herbs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment