15 June 2018

Brown-sugar banana cake!!

I get recipe suggestions all the time, as ads etc on social media.  A lot of the time I scroll past without even looking, but every now and again one catches my eye.  This cake was one of those, and I'm soooo glad I stopped to read.  It was amazing!  The original recipe (found here) had a butterscotch syrup drizzled over it (so more of a pudding), but I didn't both with that.  We ate the cake cooled, dusted with a little icing sugar.  It was heaven!!  I had to use the photos from the original website 'cause my cake was demolished before I could get a pic!  Next time I'm going to make the cake as muffins... 

125g butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
200g yoghurt (I used a honey yoghurt, but plain is fine too)
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking soda

Icing sugar, to dust
Ice cream, to serve (this would be yum, if you're eating the cake warm!)

  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.  Grease and line a 22cm spring tin (I think mine was actually 20cm and that was fine). 
  2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy and fairly pale (being brown sugar it won't go pale pale). 
  3. Fold in the mashed banana and yoghurt, then the flour and baking soda until just combined. 
  4. Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until inserted skewer comes out clean.  If you make as muffins, bake for 15 minutes.  
  5. Remove from oven and stand in tin for 5 minutes.  Serve warm, or allow to cool on cake rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment