70 g butter
55 g sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp lemon juice
140 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp raspberry jam
2 egg whites
115 g caster sugar
55 g coconut (plus a little more, for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius, line 20x30cm baking tray with paper (or grease with butter).
- Cream butter and sugar until pale. Add yolks and beat in. Mix in lemon juice.
- Sift flour and baking powder into mixture, mixing into a firm dough.
- Press dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spread jam over dough.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold in caster sugar and coconut. Spread even layer across top of jam. Sprinkle with extra coconut.
- Bake for anout 25 minutes (less if your oven is fan-forced) until golden on top.
- Remove from oven, cut into pieces while still warm. When cooled remove from tray and keep in airtight container.