Last night I decided to recreate it at home, using my favourite blue - Kapiti Kikorangi. You'll need:
4 turkish buns, ciabatta buns, or 1 ciabatta loaf
honey (I used manuka)
- Slice buns in half, as you would for burgers (if using loaf, slice nice thick slices, probably a cm thick). Brush with olive oil.
- Grill soft, oiled side of buns until browned. Turn and grill underside a little, but not as much as soft side.
- Spread liberally with blue cheese.
- Drizzle with honey (soften in microwave if needs be). If using a strong honey, like manuka, be careful not to drown the cheese too much.
- Grill for a few minutes, until cheese is bubbling and honey has started to caramalise.
- Set on serving plate and allow to sit for a minute or two before serving.