The latest issue has some real gems in it, so far, and this tasty cake is one of them...
1 + 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp each baking powder, baking soda, mixed spice
125 g butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp molasses
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius. Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar, until pale and smooth. Add eggs and molasses, beating after each addition.
- Fold in dry ingredients. Mix in bananas and milk.
- Spoon mixture into loaf tin and sprinkle with extra oats, if you want to - I used some slivered almonds here.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until inserted skewer comes out clean.