Anyhoo, carrot cake a go-go people, everyone loves it, so treat your office, or your family, or hell, just yourself, and make one. You get to lick the cream cheese icing spoon.
1/2 cup oil
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups carrot, grated
1/2 cup nuts (I used slivered almonds)
1 tsp lemon rind
3/4 cup crushed pineapple
CREAM CHEESE ICING
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
squeeze lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Beat eggs until thick. Mix in oil, then dry ingredients.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into lined/greased 22 cm springform tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for further 10 minutes following removal from oven, then move to cooling rack.
- Ice with cream cheese icing when completely cooled, sprinkle with sunflower seeds if desired.