04 December 2015

Havana Christmas - aka vanilla latte sugar scrub

Coffee, sugar, vanilla, coconut...sounds like a festive hot drink.  And you could totally make an amazing drink from this, I'm sure.  I love the smell of coffee and I love drinking coffee, so I'm pretty excited to be adding it into my skincare routine.  This simple scrub smells like a vanilla latte, hence its name, and leaves the skin really silky.  It smells and looks sophisticated, but is incredibly simple and inexpensive to make, so makes a perfect gift for friends and family for Christmas!  I'm going to make a second batch, so I can keep some too!

Here's a run-down of the benefits of these tasty ingredients...
  • Coconut Oil – naturally nourishes skin (I used an organic virgin oil which is also super cheap, from Go Native NZ - $21/kg!!)
  • Olive Oil – contains antioxidants 
  • Coffee - caffeine has a tightening and stimulating affect on skin 
  • Sugar - naturally exfoliates
  • Vanilla – smells good :) 
1/4 cup finely ground dry coffee (I used my favourite, Havana)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp coconut oil 
2 tbsp olive oil (it was supposed to be made with castor oil, but I didn't have any)
1 tsp vanilla essence 
  1. Place coffee and sugar in medium-sized bowl. 
  2. Add vanilla, mix well. 
  3. Add oils and stir with a fork until well mixed and moistened.  
  4. Stir in an air-tight container.  
Keep in the shower, so you always have it handy to keep your skin feeling great!  

No comments:

Post a Comment