250 g flour
125 g butter
100 g caster sugar (plus 2 extra tbsp)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Combine together flour, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Set aside momentarily.
- In large bowl cream butter and 100 g sugar together until light and pale, then beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in set-aside dry ingredients and chocolate chips until you have a smooth mixture. I found mine was too dry and crumbled, so I added a dash of milk here, to help it bind together.
- Roll out walnut-sized balls, roll in mixture of sugar and cinnamon, and place on lined or greased baking tray. Don't squash down - they're more like little biscuity cakes than the typical flat biscuit.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown. Makes about 32 (I think I got 40 out of this batch).