250 g spaghetti (or fettucine etc)
some butter or oil, for frying
200 g bacon, cut into matchsticks (les lardons as they call them in France)
1 onion, diced
handful of chopped mushrooms
250 ml cream (or thereabouts)
handful chopped fresh herbs
salt and pepper
parmasan cheese, grated
blue cheese (optional, but as it was in the fridge)
- Get the water boiling for your spaghetti, and start that cooking.
- Melt butter/oil in large frying pan. Fry the onion, bacon and mushrooms, letting the bacon get good and cooked. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug/bowl. Add the cream, herbs, salt and pepper and combine.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and add to the bacon etc.
- Place pan back over a low heat and stir through the egg mixture. If you're using cheeses, add these too.
- Continue to stir, allowing the mixture to warm through, but not let the eggs cook. When the sauce is thick enough serve with a sprinkling of extra parmasan. Yum!!