13 February 2010

avocado + argentina = muy gustoso

I used to really dislike avocado.  I thought it tasted like soap.  My friends all loved avocado and consequently guacamole was a fixture on most of their tables. 

However, obviously I eventually came to my senses.  Kush convinced me one night to try some of her guac, made the same way as her Ma, Clara, makes it.  It was amazing.  Buttery, a little bit sweet, a little bit tangy.  I don't know whether this is typical of Argentina (where they're from) or whether Clara just woke up one day and decided to try something a bit different, but it's good.  Thanks Clara and Kush!! 

Mash up the flesh of an avocado.  Pour in a slosh of balsamic vinegar, mix in.  Add a little salt and pepper.  Taste it - you may need to add more balsamic (if it's too buttery-rich), or even a little raw sugar.  It's a real personal taste thing, so just keep tasting it, until it's the way you want it.  The balsamic makes it so good.  Muy muy gustoso!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment