The point is, where there is bread there will be burgers and the burgeresque. Now, burgers can be a good-ol' hamburger (albeit made with minced beef, not ham at all) - cheese, beetroot, lettuce, mayo, tomato... Or you could shake things up and use fish, tartare sauce, letture etc. Or, try this one - a south-east Asian lilt on an old favourite. Add or subtract toppings as you please, though I'd recommend that less is more. The pork, herbs and yoghurt have a fairly delicate flavour, so things like cheese can get in the way.
salt and pepper
6 burger buns
1 cup unsweetened natural yoghurt
1/2 cucumber, sliced
sliced avocado/capsicum/caramelised onions (optional toppings)
- Mix together mince, apple, spring onion, coriander, salt & pepper, using worchester sauce and breadcrumbs as necessary to achieve required consistency (you want them to adhere, but not be too wet).
- Form into ball, flatten in palms to form patties (about six).
- Heat oil in pan, or on BBQ, cook on each side for a few minutes, until cooked through.
- While patties are cooking grill burger buns.
- Assemble burgers with patties, lettuce and slices cucumber. Drizzle with minty-yoghurt.