09 August 2010

Bananarama

Banana-ripeness has a tendency to sneak up on me.  Sometimes I'll buy a bunch and chew through 'em no problems.  Other times I get distracted, go away for a couple of days and boom, they're soft and kind of gross (at least, for eating).  So it's baking time.  I'm not a big fan of muffins, but they're the easiest way to rid your fruitbowl of a couple of banana bandits.  I found this recipe on Kiwiwise.  I added chocolate chips.  :) 

2 mashed bananas
6 tbsp melted butter
8 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups white flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tbsp baking powder
chocolate chips, up to you...
  1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius.
  2. Add egg and sugar to melted butter and beat.  Stir in banana and milk.
  3. Add dry ingredients and stir until free of lumps (except those that are mashed banana).
  4. Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake for about 10 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean when poked into muffin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment