1 beetroot, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 cup chopped pumpkin (cut into pieces about 1x2 cm)
1 cup yams
3 cloves garlic
2 sprigs rosemary
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour (you might need a little more)
1.5 cups milk
1/2 cup cheese, grated
salt and pepper
1 cup cauliflower and broccoli
- Place beetroot, carrot, pumpkin, yams (or whatever combo of veges you have for roasting - capsicum, zucchini, potato, kumara etc), garlic in roasting pan (pour a little olive oil over them, swish around to coat).
- Mix together the olive oil, soy sauce and honey. Drizzle over the veges, in particular the yams.
- Chuck the rosemary sprigs on top and put into the oven (about 180 degrees celcius) to roast for about an hour. Pull them out periodically, to move them around.
- Melt butter over low heat in small pot.
- Add flour and whisk to form roux (basically mix it until it's all combined). Add milk slowly, whisking all the time. Turn up heat to medium, bring to boil, then reduce back to low. Add cheese. When all melted in, remove from heat and allow to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place veges (roasted and the cauli/broc combo) into ovenproof dish. Pour cheese sauce over and grate a little parmasan cheese on top, if you have some (some freshly-grated nutmeg would be yum too). Pop into the oven until browned a little on top and eat. YUM!!!!