18 August 2010

Coca Cola, and a little bit of thievery...

This recipe comes to you for two reasons - firstly, because I read Laura Vincent's wonderful 'Hungry and Frozen' recipe blog, and secondly because I love Nigella Lawson's baking.  Yum yum yum.  When Laura blogged recently about making a Coca Cola Chocolate Cake, from Nigella's 'How To Be A Domestic Goddess' (which I am fortunate enough to have a copy of), I thought right, that's me this week.  Bake that. 

So Wednesday morning, rather than reading something for uni, I'm reading Nigella's baking bible and thinking how wrong it seems to be pouring coke into cake batter.  But strangely good, at the same time.  And from the smell coming from the oven, I reckon it was a good call.  So, without further ado, I present to you the recipe for what is likely to be the cake of all chocolate cakes... 

PS: I've used a link to Laura's blog of the recipe because it seems a waste to type it out a second time and because you should read her blog too.  Go Wellington, go!  The only difference between hers and mine is that I used 100 mls milk and 30 mls yoghurt, rather than half and half.  Enjoy! 

PPS: If you want some icing heat together 1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp coke, 1/2 tbsp cocoa and 1/2 tsp vanilla.  Once butter all melted stir in about 150 g icing sugar.  Pour over once cake is removed from tin, but still warm. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Alana for linking to me! Go Wellington for sure :D glad to be spreading the coca cola cake love around :D

    ReplyDelete